Module 3: Quiz
Module 3: Communicating with Patrons (download PDF version) | Print Certificate
- What are some of the ways you can be approachable during both an in-person and virtual setting?
- The Model Reference Behaviors Checklist outlines behaviors in eight categories. List the categories and give an example of each.
- Which of the Model Reference Behaviors did you find the most difficult to do or most difficult to remember to do during your exercise? What can you do to improve that?
- Describe in your own words how using the Model Reference Behaviors can help improve the quality of reference service to a patron.
- What are some of the physical barriers in your library? What could be done to eliminate these?
- How can you “go with the patron” in a virtual setting using your library resources?
- List two of the problems that can arise during a telephone reference transaction. What can you do to overcome these complications?
- How would you handle a situation where you are helping a patron at the reference desk and the phone rings?