Finding the best resource to fill a need requires good strategy
Once you’ve mastered the model behaviors and communication strategies, it is time to start looking for the answers to the questions. Where do you start?
Module 4 focuses on matching questions to available resources for successful reference strategies.
In this module, you will learn:
- Search strategies, including terms, indexing, web searching, and finding experts
- Search strategies use in virtual reference
- How to ensure accuracy of the resources
- When to refer the patron elsewhere
- How to keep track of resources used
- How to keep the patron informed during the process