Module 1: Quiz
Module 1: Introduction Quiz (download PDF version) | Print Certificate
- What is reference service?
- How does your library provide virtual reference?
- What do you think reference services provide that patrons can’t find elsewhere or more easily in the community?
- What purpose may a patron’s “first question” serve?
- Why is it important to provide prominent and jargon free links to all forms of virtual reference services?
- How can you make patrons aware of non-book resources or information services such as Interlibrary loan?
- Describe what your library does to make it easy for patrons to understand the arrangement or organization of the library (i.e. website; technology; floor space; etc.)
- What are some common difficulties when it comes to virtual reference services?
- What is information literacy?
- What are some of the reasons a person may not be able to express their information need?
- What are the steps of the reference process?
- How can you put into action each of the five competencies and guidelines for in-person reference services?